On March 8th and 9th, eighteen students attended the Ohio BPA State Leadership Conference to compete in various events related to the career-technical programs. We are proud to announce the following results:
- 2nd Place Graphic Design Promotion, Sophia Gonzalez, Greenon Senior, Digital Media Design
- 5th Place Visual Basic/C# Programming, Arthur Hoefer, Springfield Senior, Computer Programming & Game Design
- 3rd Place Database Applications, Nathan Mackie, Shawnee Senior, Computer Programming & Game Design
- 5th Place Computer Security, Logan Brown, Northeastern Senior, Cyber Security & Networking
- 2nd Place Computer Network Technology, Clint Young, Northwestern Senior, Cyber Security & Networking
- 5th Place Computer Network Technology, Nicholas Lanham, Shawnee Senior, Cyber Security & Networking
Placing in the Top 10 in their event:
- Visual Basic/C# Programming, Dallas Roberts, Tecumseh Senior, Computer Programming & Game Design
- Fundamental Spreadsheet Applications, Travis Boggs, Tecumseh Junior, Computer Programming & Game Design
- Presentation Management Individual, Brian Gonzalez, Tecumseh Junior, Digital Media Design
The following students were recognized and received their Statesman Award in BPA Torch Awards Program: Ryan Fain (Shawnee Senior), Nathan Mackie (Shawnee Senior), and Casey Haschke (Greenon Senior). These students have also received Ambassador in the Torch Awards program which is recognized at NLC.
Ryan Fain (Shawnee Senior) received a certificate for earning the Ohio Merit Scholar. This test covered the Ohio BPA Constitution, parliamentary procedure, and Ohio BPA Facts.